0 players online. Copy IP

Ban Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeal' started by squarelycircle8, Dec 29, 2017.

1. squarelycircle8

squarelycircle8 New Member

squarelycircle8

Hacking

Factions

I am confused as to why I was banned. Minutes before, I logged on, rtp'd, walked a few paces, and was banned.

I was not in combat. All I did was walk forward.

Being banned for hacking, I cannot find the reasoning behind it.

I suspect the reason to be through a petty verbal exchange. If so, I have my case below.

GC

Dear GC & Mineverge Staff,

Perhaps this conviction was through a verbal exchange with two faction members of CrossFire. If this was the reason I was banned, I find it unjust and have an argument.

The day before, I rtp'd close to CrossFire's claim. I began finding their claim borders, hoping for a raid. Using "/f who CrossFire", I realized two members (BarrenFlame & mopgupper) were currently online. After some thinking, I decided to postpone any attempt, and began to "/f home".

Before teleport could finish, one of the members appeared and killed me.
    Take Note:

I believed I was alone, I did not see any sign of other players (nametags, sounds, etc).
    I was on the surface. The base seemed to be underground with no direct path to the surface. (as they usually are)

Respawning, I asked my killer how they knew I was on top of their base. They replied, "nametags". (This was perplexing as I did not spot a single one from them)

Confused, I asked how they say my nametag if they were at bedrock level. From this, they accused me of "hacking", saying "how do you know we are at bedrock level".

Take Note:
    When I asked how they knew,
    Their reply could imply they were indeed at bedrock level, from which they should not be able to see my nametag. (which explains why I did not see them and thought I was safe on the surface)
    Inspecting their faction, it is clear CrossFire is no tenderfoot faction. From wasting hours on factions, it is typical (if not optimal) for bases to utilize depth and bedrock as geographic protection.

Moreover, is this mere exchange of dialogue is the only evidence used to ban me? By the same coin, I feel as suited as to appeal for their ban.

The day after, I returned to their base to find that it had been raided by a larger faction. Inspecting the wreckage, their base was indeed at bedrock level. It still perplexes me how they were able to see my nametag from there, but I feel that is insubstantial evidence as theirs is to me. (assuming that is why I am banned)

A few minutes later, I was banned. If this case was the reason, I appeal to be unbanned as I believe the evidence is insufficient.

Thank you for your consideration. I hope to enjoy spending time on your server with friends whether I am unbanned or the ban runs out, sooner or later.

Sincerely,
    squarelycircle8

Attached Files:

2. GC

GC Member Moderator

It wasn't related to any raiding done, it was purely due to movement-related hacking. If I remember correctly (out of multiple bans done that evening), you were running and shifting at the same time.

3. squarelycircle8

squarelycircle8 New Member

Ahh, thank you for the clarification. This may have been due to some glitch or my slew of connection issues. I do not recall a need to ever shifting, but memory is memory.

• Funny Funny x 2