MineVerge - Factions Reset

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by MusicReprod, Jan 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jefferson__

jefferson__ New Member

The things I'm looking to remove are mainly bypasses and nigh unraidable defences.

Bypasses are able to 'exploit' the world border by shooting beyond it, since you cant build walls beyond the world border all your hard work has been for nothing. To be fair though, these kinds of cannons are pretty rare but should be disabled regardless. The ac 130 is a cannon like these, it's schem is readily available.

Webs should be fixed because the other special block defences have been fixed: brewing stand, enchanting table, chests, soul sand etc are much easier to cannon than webs and were patched on this server, so it only seems reasonable that web defences aren't allowed either.

2. xXK3Xx

xXK3Xx Member

Yes you can by cobble monstering or genning walls in it like haxchii did last reset

3. Snackk

Snackk Well-Known Member
    Administrator

We have fixed the world border bypass

4. Xvetrein

Xvetrein Member

it did u dork, nah jk its fine XD

5. NoScoopPluisje

NoScoopPluisje Active Member

True, just think that it is the easiest option
    Yeah true, but donors have been nerfed a lot this reset so I don't think the difference is still that big. Also most people have some unclaimed secret vault while building their base in the first few days so I doubt it will make a big difference
    Oh in that case I misunderstood you that sounds like a good idea then, but if its a big base it doesn't really matter that much anyway, and in case of a smaller base just wait for them to go offline.

6. jefferson__

jefferson__ New Member

A water curtain stops cobble monsters, you should always put up a cobble monster as one of the first things you do when starting a base. Trust me, you cannot easily get rid of webs and they should not be allowed on any server that wants people to be able to raid.

7. GameBoyAdvance01

World Downloader would just allow players to download world and plugin files. Some players might download them to use to xray and delete the xray files making it harder for staff to check for this.

8. jefferson__

jefferson__ New Member

World download allows players to get the plugin files aswell? A lot of other servers do allow world download though.

I looked around, apparently there are partner plugins for worlddownload, that allow server owners to configure what can and cant be downloaded.

9. x_BlackCloud_x

x_BlackCloud_x New Member

Is bitch-claiming allowed?

10. Snackk

Snackk Well-Known Member
    Administrator

?

11. xXK3Xx

xXK3Xx Member

12. jefferson__

jefferson__ New Member

Apparently world border bypass cannoning has been fixed. Cobble monstering to protect from it is a decent idea though.

About the webs: I am trying to be as polite as possible here, I do not mean to come of condescending but I think you don't know what you are talking about when it comes to cannoning webbusters. They are not 'unraidable', but they are very close to being unraidable, cannoning them does't just take some time: for cannons without webbuster it can take anywhere from 40 to 100 extra shots just to clear the webs. PER WALL. You could do it, but it's unfeasable to say the least. A 10 wall base taking 400+ shots to raid? Really? What about the full 160 buffer with webs? taking from 6000-15000 shots to raid? That's easily 10 hours cannoning straight. Without the enemy ever logging on. Did I mention the TNT? How much TNT does 6000 shots? Much more than what can ever be inside that base, that's for sure.

There are however fully working 1 shot 0-250 webbusters, those cannons are not released by their creators, there have been a few people showing the concept on how they work on smaller scale but the full on versions are currently only available to very few people. That's why a lot of servers have them disabled. If anywhere in the near future the full concept behind them becomes public knowledge, and the only excuse for not using it is laziness I'm all for allow cobweb defences. At this point in time though they are plain broken.

In short: webs are almost unraidable because of the time needed to raid them, the sheer cost of tnt making it NEVER worth your while and the concept not being public knowledge. I think we can all agree that unraidable bases are not fun and should not be allowed to be used. That's why chests/brewing stands/soul sand/cactus/ etc is not allowed, because while they CAN be cannon'd, they just take so long to get through and cost so much tnt to do that' it makes the raid never worth it. Not to mention that the way to cannon through these blocks is actually very simple.

13. Josh

Josh Active Member

Ooommmmggg can we calm down with the paragraphs I didn't come on the forums for a novel...

14. xXK3Xx

xXK3Xx Member

Xd so true

15. Xvetrein

Xvetrein Member

I've never heard a more true toe

16. MusicReprod

MusicReprod Member
    Owner

Thank you @jefferson__ for your input but for you to come on here and suggest things the day before a reset is pointless. Not to mention a lot of the ideas are not very popular or suitable for the Faction server on MV. We have already drastically changed and improved the gameplay for this reset. Nevertheless, we hope to see you there.

17. x_BlackCloud_x

Really, forums are made for discussion. You not being able to read is your own problem. He clearly needs to explain more because xXK3Xx and You don't understand what he is saying.

18. jefferson__

jefferson__ New Member

Ye we'll play regardless, I'm coming back to Mineverge because I saw the servers change log was very good. I'm just trying to find some openings in the way the server is set up right now. I just hope the server doesn't devolve into a turtlefest a month or so into the map.

19. x_BlackCloud_x

And insiding is allowed, right?

20. Snackk

Snackk Well-Known Member
    Administrator

Yes it's allowed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.